Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Second Post Pertaining to the First Assignment

I have to admit, when I learned that the chapter reading we had due for the next class was titled ‘Designing Documents and Web Sites,’ I sighed. I knew that it was coming and I figured there wasn’t a way to stop it. For the assignment, I know that we’re going to have to create a technical document. Maybe it isn’t that big of a deal, but this is something I’ve never done before and I’m nervous that I’m going to screw it up.

After reading the chapter, I started to feel better about designing a technical document. I hope that we don’t have to create a website, because I know I would fail miserably, but creating a technical document doesn’t look so bad now. The chapter does a very nice job in explaining designing documents. Beneficially, understanding the design of technical documents is what stands out. I like that the introduction began with an understanding – not just jumping into the design.

The best part of the chapter, after the understanding pages, is the example pages. Examples show the audience of the textbook actual examples of what they’re trying to express. Showing the audience what the textbook is trying to explain is a great way to help students learn. A lot of what is said in the paragraph could be confusing to people which is why the examples that are shown are a big help.  Overall, this chapter has been the most beneficial to this assignment, in my opinion anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan,

    I felt the same way with having to create a document. I feel like the reading has helped solved anxieties as to what we need to accomplish this goal. With the reading, I found important was to plan and research information. I feel like once we have this down, it will be easy to create a successful document.

    The textbook is very understandable, and I agree with you. This chapter presented information that is very useful for our next assignment.

    ReplyDelete